Term Time Teachers have been successfully established since 2000 and has an outstanding and excellent reputation for the quality of our Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors and Non - Academic based staff.
Our impeccable service is recognised as a standard by both our schools and our candidates and the DfE through which we hold the prestigious REC Audited Status, with 100% pass rate in ALL areas of our vetting and clearance procedures.
Our policy is to provide Quality at all times.
We are Education Recruitment Specialists and know from experience that working on a personal level with our Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors and Non - Academic based staff; we have a loyal and committed supply team; therefore providing schools with staff when needed to enable stability and continuity at all times with a high level of professionalism.
At Term Time Teachers, we can offer both teaching and recruitment knowledge from our experienced team who have teaching experience as; KS2 teacher in mainstream, Assistant Head and Acting Headteacher, SENCO, teaching and training within the SEN fields and experienced Teaching Assistants including over 30 years Education Recruitment experience.
Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors and Non - Academic based staff are face to face Registered & Vetted via our DfE Quality Mark Award standard and ALL of our Teachers and other school based staff carry Identification cards depicting clearance as below.
Term Time Teachers Registration Process in FULL
- Initial Telephone registration with a Question s before Registration form to complete.
- A Registration Check list and appointment confirmation is sent via email or post.
- A on the appointment morning call to clarify appointment is remembered.
- A face-to-face interview/Registration in a designated Registration Room with a fully trained team member.
- Identification checks – Original documents taken, copied and stamped: Passport, National ID card or Full Photo driving licence, Marriage / divorce or deed poll certificates for proof of all name changes, NI number,
- Proof of address – Original copies within a 3 month time period of either Bank Statements, recent utility bills etc.
- Qualifications taken and verified – Original copies only for us to verify, copies are stamped and filed.
- References – Should be available for a period of between 5 – 10 previous to registration and must include (if applicable) a most recent employer and also a school based reference (for a minimum of 2 years previous employment history). Where a teacher is newly qualified references will be requested from the university and their teaching practice schools.
- Right to Work Checks – Passports/Visas are checked for the right to work in the UK legally and we follow the Obtain, Check and Copy as set out by the UKBA.
- Work History – This must have no gaps, where gaps occur, this is followed further and additional references applied for this time period.
- DBS / Police Checks / Certificates of Good Conduct - (UK and overseas if applicable) – All candidates will complete an Enhanced DBS (unless already on receipt of one). Candidates from overseas, or those who have taught overseas, must have a current police clearance from the relevant country or a Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Update Service – An Update Service check is carried out on ALL Enhanced DBS’ and again checked yearly as part of our strict vetting procedure.
- Disqualification by Association – All staff must complete a childcare disqualification declaration with full understanding of the consequences.
- Barred List Search check (List ’99) – All candidates are checked against this and checked yearly as part of our vetting procedure.
- DfE number (or overseas equivalent if applicable) – We require documentary evidence of QTS or QTLS where applicable, therefore we can use the new employer access service provided by the NCTL and the IfL in order to confirm full teacher status checks including a prohibition / sanctions check.
- Medical fitness to teach – All candidates must complete a Medical declaration form at registration.
- Safeguarding - Term Time Teachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All positions are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and are therefore subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and satisfactory professional references.
If we are not fully satisfied with any of the above points, we do not accept that person onto our supply register.
We offer an out of hour’s service and are available to speak to personally from 6.00am to 11.00pm daily.
If we can be of assistance with your need for supply for Emergency Morning Cover, Short / Long Term or even Permanent, please call us on 01892 676076 (available 7 days per week).
I look forward to speaking with you.
John Parisella BA PGCE FIRP