Equivalent to Pay Scale
Term Time Teachers has an opportunity to work in one of Kent's leading Prep Schools. The Prep School is an independent preparatory school which educates pupils from 3-13 years. It was founded in 1929 and is now part of the Alpha Plus Group, the Gold Standard in educational provision. The school has access to more than twenty acres of attractive grounds, on the northern fringe of Tonbridge, Kent.
We are looking to recruit a full-time graduate teacher of Mathematics, who has a passion for teaching to the highest standards, to join a highly successful department in a school with an outstanding academic record. Mathematics in the Prep School (Years 3-8) is taught in sets and candidates would need to be able to teach across the ability and age range. Pupils are prepared for entrance examinations to numerous independent schools and ideally, the successful candidate will have experience of working in the sector and have knowledge of public school examination systems and also grammar school entry.
Start date: September 2022 or January 2023
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be expected:
- To teach Mathematics at KS2 and KS3 level according to the programmes of study and schemes of work.
- To follow the departmental policies and guidelines contained within the Department Handbook.
- To attend departmental meetings.
- To attend appropriate training courses as necessary.
- To assist in the organisation and co-ordination of Mathematics Department activities as requested by the Head of Department.
- To liaise with the Head of the Pre Prep and/or Pre-Prep teachers in order to ensure a consistent approach to the curriculum and assessment between the Prep and Pre Prep, especially on transition.
- To liaise with parents as necessary and advise and support the school regarding parental concerns where appropriate
- To take part in Peer Collaboration within and across departments
- To take part in annual reviews of members of department as requested by the Head/Line Manager
- To operate in accordance with the Departmental Handbook
- To take part in work scrutiny
- To assist with the monitoring and tracking of progress of pupils within the department, and to highlight any academic concerns for pupils to the Head of Maths, Assistant Head Academic and the SENDCo as appropriate.
- To attend all Pupil Progress Meetings
- To work with the assessment procedures within the department and be familiar with the standardised tests used by the school.
- To identify Able pupils and encourage their development via differentiation in line with our Challenge for All policy.
- To perform any reasonable task at the request of the Head
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The person appointed should:
- Qualified teacher with a Mathematics specialism as part of a degree, teacher training or experience.
- Ability to teach KS2 (Year 3-6) across the ability range essential.
- Ability to teach KS3 (Year 7 & 8) preferable
- An understanding of the Kent 11+ system and public school examination systems would be advantageous.
If this role takes you interest please get in touch and Apply directly or call 01892 676076
Term Time Teachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, therefore all applicants will be subject to a full face-to-face registration and an Enhanced DBS (Formerly known as CRB).