£60 to £65 Per Day
This position is to start ASAP until Easter.
This is one morning a week 8.30-12.00.
About the school:
This school aims to reflect British values in all that they do. They aim to nurture the children on their journey through life so they can grow into safe, caring, democratic, responsible and understanding adults who make a positive contribution to British society and beyond. The school encourage the children to be unique, open-minded and independent individuals, respectful of themselves and of others in the school, the local community and the wider world.
About the candidate:
You will be working with a child with trauma and SEMH needs, so you will be understanding, friendly and approachable. You will assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned, to enable him/her to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
- To aid the pupil to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own.
- Clarifying and explaining instructions
- Ensuring the pupil is able to use equipment and materials provided
- Motivating and encouraging the pupil as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs
- Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation etc
- Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
- Liaising with class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual education plans (IEPs), contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
- Providing additional nurture to individuals when requested by the class teacher or SENCO
- Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
- Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
We offer competitive rates of pay, holiday fund and pension!
We are a friendly,dedicated team who are on call 6am-11pm daily.
Term Time Teachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, therefore all applicants will be subject to a full face-to-face registration and an Enhanced DBS (Formerly known as CRB).